The ADB Business Opportunities Fair (BOF) taking place in Manila, the Philippines 16-17 March 2016, is a one-stop forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers looking to provide goods and services for ADB projects. It has proven to be an excellent opportunity to network not only with peers in the industry, but also with ADB specialists in the agriculture, natural resources, energy, public management, finance, transport, ICT, water, municipal infrastructure, health, and education sectors.
- Procurement experts of ADB will be available on Days 1 and 2 to meet with participants on a first come, first served basis.
- Sector focal points from project departments of ADB may be available to meet with participants. Confirmed participants will receive through email prior to the event a list of ADB sector focal points and contact details to facilitate direct correspondence requesting individual appointments.
- A Participants’ Networking Lounge will also be available to participants over the 2-day duration of the BOF. This provides a venue for participants to meet among themselves for face-to-face introductions, information exchange, and to explore possible areas of cooperation.
During the event, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with ADB staff in procurement, consulting, project management and related operations;
- Meet with ADB sector specialists;
- Network with other consulting firms and suppliers in donor and developing countries;
- Hear presentations on how to qualify for ADB-financed contracts;
- Discover what business opportunities are available, and where.
At the end of the event, participants will have:
- Discovered the advantages of ADB-financed contracts;
- Received an inside look at ADB’s policies and procedures for the procurement of goods and works, and the recruitment of consultants;
- Learned how to locate business opportunities;
- Learned the best ways to prepare responsive bids and proposals;
- Received first-hand information on contracting opportunities by sector currently available under ongoing ADB-financed projects, and upcoming ADB pipeline projects.
- Explored areas of cooperation with other BOF participants.