On 22 September 2020, H.E. Jurin Laksanawisit, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce, presided over the grand opening ceremony of ThaiFex-Anuga Asia 2020, one of the biggest international trade fairs in Thailand. The trade show takes place at Impact, Muang Thong Thani. The Minister and the followers along with H.E. Ambassador Kjersti Rødsmoen visited the Norwegian Seafood booth organised by Norwegian Seafood Council (NSC), one of our Premium Members, The booth showcases Norwegian seafood products and offers vast business sourcing opportunities as global demand for seafood continues to stream towards Thailand and Asia.
Despite the fact that the Norwegian exporters were not able to travel to Thailand this year, the Norwegian seafood industry has been able to participate in several of the events through an online channel directly to Norway developed for the booth. Thus live video conferences between Norwegian exporters and potential Thai importers have been possible at the stand.
The event acts as a gateway of choice allowing participants to introduce new products, network with international partners, and build valuable relationships aiming to facilitate improved knowledge-sharing and provide new business opportunities for the F&B industry professionals.
The picture above show from left to right.
- Dr. Sansern Samalapa (Vice Minister for Commerce)
- Mr. Weerasak Wangsuphakijkosol (Deputy Minister of Commerce)
- Mr. Asbjørn Warvik Rørtveit (Director South-East Asia, Norwegian Seafood Council)
- H.E. Mr. Jurin Laksanawisit (Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce)
- H.E. Mrs. Kjersti Rødsmoen (Ambassador of Norway to Thailand)
- Mr. Somdet Susomboon (Director General, Department of International Trade Promotion)
- Mrs. Auramon Supthaweethum (Director General, Department of Trade Negotiations)
At the back, from left to right.
- Ms. Vibeke Lyssand Leirvåg (Vice Chair, Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce)
- Mr. Kalin Sarasin (Chairman, Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade)
- Mr. Mathias Kuepper (Managing Director, Koelnmesse Pte Ltd)
- Mr. Axel Blom (President, Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce)
If you want to visit the fair and Norwegian Seafood Council’s booth in person, the fair is open from 22 until 26 September 2020 and the Norwegian Seafood both is located at Impact Exhibition & Convention Center, Challenger Hall 2, Entrance 3., Seafood section, booth number S29.