A Bangkok website announced high-risk areas and urged the people who have been to the areas below since 15 December 2020-5 January 2021 to report themselves here or contact the Bangkok office hotline 02-203-2393 or 02-203-2396.
- Samut Sakhon Province
- Nakhon Pathom province: Bang Rakam sub-district in Nakhon Chaisri district, Sa See Moom, Huay Muang, Sa Pattana sub-district in Kampang Saen district, Bang Luang, Don Toom sub-district in Bang Laen district
- Nontaburi Province: Moo 5 and Moo 6 in Sao Tong Hin sub-district in Bang Yai District (Central Market Bang Yai)
- Chonburi province: Banglamung district
- Rayong province: Mueang Rayong district
Apart from that, there are high-risk venues (restaurants and bars) in Bangkok that have to report themselves:
- Groove Evening on Borom Ratchachonnanee Road in Arun Amarin, since 13 December 2020.
- New Jazz opposite the Mall Tha Phra since 25 December 2020.
- The Sun on Sirindhorn Road since 25 December 2020.
- The Roof Bar on Phra Ram 3 from 13 December-30 December 2020.
- Esan Krong Kaew restaurant.
- Nong Mai Plaza (Nong Mai Karaoke) Soi Aomsin in Bang Yeekan, Bang Na from 15 December-26 December 2020.
The Director-General of the Department of Disease Control issued a guideline for people who live in the 28 provinces in the high-controlled areas. Moreover, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) recommended using Thai Chana and More Chana (Doctor Win) applications, otherwise, the infected person would pay a fine.
Due to the Covid-19, many royal places have been closed and tourist attractive province as Chiang Mai also announced to close 5 entertainment venues during 4-6 January because of new Covid-19 cases, people who traveled from high-risk provinces have to 14-days quarantine and the Winter Festival on 10 January was canceled. Below are the lists of royal places that will be closed until 31 January 2021:
- Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha
- Bang Pa-In Palace
- Bhubing Palace
- Chang Hua Man project according to the royal initiative
- Queen Sirikit Museum of textiles
- Arts of the Kingdom Museum
- Sala Chalermkrung Royal Theatre
Thai PM, Prayut Chan-o-cha approved to lockdown of 5 provinces in the East region, including Samut Sakhon, Chonburi, Chonburi, Trad and Rayong, the place that was found out illegal gambling during the Covid situation by police commanders. Meanwhile, he re-stated to cancel lockdown and monitor by setting the checkpoint in Pattaya.