Samitivej Hospitals are encouraging people to be aware of colon cancer.
Why should I get a colonoscopy at age 45?
Statistics show the majority of new cases of colon cancer worldwide occur in patients aged 45 years and older. Most patients—men and women—had already experienced symptoms by the time they sought diagnosis, and their cancers had reached an advanced stage. Studies have also found that risk factors for colon cancer are directly related to age:
- In younger patients, the chance of having colon cancer is less than 10%
- Between the ages of 40-50, the likelihood of colon cancer increases to 20-30%
- For those aged 50 and over, the chance of a diagnosis increases to 30-40%
Research also found that Individuals with a direct family history of colon cancer (father, mother or siblings) are at 2-3 times greater risk than the general population.
Samitivej Hospital, a Corporate Member of the Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, is one of the best hospitals in Bangkok for health and wellness checkups. Samitivej Hospital is campaigning to prevent colon cancer.
Gastrointestinal Check-up with Specialists https://bit.ly/3sPuUzX
Doctor talk videos for Colon cancer
- Know the risk factors of colon cancer so that you can protect yourself, click https://bit.ly/3CryDXt
- At what age should you start screening for colon cancer? click https://bit.ly/3vL4Asv
- Learn how you can catch colon cancer before it is too late, click https://bit.ly/3pHGWJw
- What does a patient experience during a colonoscopy? click https://bit.ly/3MwXj5p