PDPA is coming: What should I be doing now?
Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) was adopted into law on May 28, 2019, and has been postponed to commence on 1 June 2022. A grace period is going to be offered to small businesses trying to meet the minimum-security requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). Whether you are ready or not, PDPA is coming. The principle of the PDPA is to combat personal data misuse, as people’s consent is required before their personal information is used. So, what does it actually mean for businesses, especially SMEs? What should you do to get your company ready?
Even before the PDPA regulations are ready, join us to learn from experts on what are relevant key learning points from four years of GDPR experience, how PDPA affects your business operation, and how to prepare for it. We will also cover GDPR’s key principles and key learning points for SMEs as well as practical primary PDPA law and procedures that are known at this stage that should be applied.
Date: Monday, 28 March 2022
Time: 18.00 – 20.30 hrs. (Event starts 18,30 hrs.)
Venue: Seven Peaks Software Office, The PARQ, 7th Floor (Map)
Admission: Free of charge (Limited seats available)
- Nopparat Lalitkomon, Senior Associate, Tilleke and Gibbins
- Gvavalin Mahakunkitchareon, Associate, Tilleke and Gibbins
- Rie Aleksandra Walle, Senior Advisor, NoTies Consulting, Specialises in GDPR, ePrivacy, and data protection
- Montri Stapornkul, Vice President of Data Privacy, dtac
- Bob Fox, Chair, Digital Economy/ICT group, JFCCT & EABC as Moderator
Transportation choice: You can park at the PARQ or take the MRT and get off at MRT Queen Sirikit National Convention Center Station, Exit 2. You can follow a direction guide, here.
Access to Seven Peaks Office at The PARQ: After you arrive at the PARQ building, you need to register as a guest to gain access to Seven Peaks Office, watch a guideline here.
To keep our community safe, the chamber would like you to follow the Covid-19 safety requirements below.
- As we are only able to accept a limited number of fully-vaccinated participants, please send us copies/screenshots of your Covid-19 vaccination certificate
- Please also send us proof of negative ATK test taken within 36 hours of arriving at the event
Kindly submit the required evidence to us via [email protected] within Monday 28 March 2022, 12.00 hrs.
For more information, please click here.
18:00 - 20:30