The Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with Team Norway in Singapore and the commercial chambers in the region cordially invite you and the relevant persons in your company to a conversation on responsible business conduct and the Transparency act that goes into effect on 1 July. The act will specifically regulate responsible business conduct for Norwegian companies, also those operating in Asia. Nevertheless, the focus on OECD’s guidelines and the legal developments in the EU and the US make the event relevant and urgent for all companies.
Experts from the Ministry of Children and Families in Norway, the OECD National Contact Point Norway, the Norwegian Consumer Authority, DNB, and Simonsen Vogt Wiig will be sharing.
- The implications the Transparency Act does have for the private sector
- International standards for responsible business conduct
- Guidance on due diligence aligned with OECD’s guidelines
- Relevant legal developments in the EU and the US
- The role of the Norwegian Consumer Authority
- How the Norwegian Consumer Authority assists the business community and supervises the Transparency Act
- DNB’s observations of regional issues related to the new Transparency Act
- SVW’s advice on what will be expected from Norwegian companies in the region to apply legally to the Transparency Act
- How companies in the region work with social sustainability, due diligence, and responsible business conduct
- How Wilhelmsen and Høegh work to ensure responsible business conduct
Date: June 1st, 2022
Time: 14.00-15.30 hrs. (Thailand time)
Platform: Teams (Streaming platform)
15:00 - 16:30