The Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with Team Norway in Singapore and the commercial chambers in the region, would like to extend a warm invitation to you and the relevant persons in your company to participate in a conversation about responsible business conduct and the Transparency act, which will become effective on July 1. The legislation will provide precise guidelines for responsible business conduct for Norwegian enterprises, including those who are active in Asian markets. Nevertheless, the fact that we will be focusing on the OECD’s guidelines as well as recent developments in the law in both the EU and the US make the event relevant and urgent for all businesses.
Experts from the Ministry of Children and Families in Norway, the OECD National Contact Point Norway, the Norwegian Consumer Authority, DNB, and Simonsen Vogt Wiig will be sharing.
- The implications the Transparency Act does have for the private sector
- International standards for responsible business conduct
- Guidance on due diligence aligned with OECD’s guidelines
- Relevant legal developments in the EU and the US
- The role of the Norwegian Consumer Authority
- How the Norwegian Consumer Authority assists the business community and supervises the Transparency Act
- DNB’s observations of regional issues related to the new Transparency Act
- SVW’s advice on what will be expected from Norwegian companies in the region to apply legally to the Transparency Act
- How companies in the region work with social sustainability, due diligence, and responsible business conduct
- How Wilhelmsen and Høegh work to ensure responsible business conduct
Date: June 1st, 2022
Time: 14.00-15.30 hrs. (Thailand time)
Platform: Teams (Streaming platform)
About Norwegian Business Association Singapore (NBAS)
The Norwegian Business Association Singapore (NBAS) provides a forum and meeting place for Norwegian companies, their executives and employees in Singapore to network, discuss ideas, exchange experience, and expand their knowledge base about business related issues. Founded in 1993, NBAS is a major contributor to the Norwegian community in Singapore and organises a diverse range of events through the year, individually or in partnership with the other players in Team Norway. Team Norway consists of NBAS, The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Singapore and Innovation Norway.
For other interesting events, please click here.
15:00 - 16:30