Economic issues lie at the heart of Norway’s relationship with Thailand. The jobholder will therefore have a high profile and stimulating role. The jobholder will have the opportunity to build an extensive network of contacts across government, academia, and the private sector. The jobholder will also assist in regional development programme management.
- Responsibility for providing regular, policy focused, reports on macroeconomic, trade and sectorspecific economic policy developments in Thailand.
- Produce longer analytical reports.
- Provide strategic advice on Norway’s engagement with Thailand on economic policy issues.
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining the Embassy’s network of contacts at government departments, think tanks, academic institutions, and in the private sector. In this connection, ensure that the Embassy’s list of important government officials and other stakeholders always is up to date.
- Coordinate closely with Team Norway in Thailand.
- Prepare meetings between the Ambassador and Thai officials.
- Assisting on programme management of the Embassy’s regional development programme.
Requirements on competencies and skills
- A good degree with a strong economics component is essential.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Thai and English is essential. A TOEIC score 750 and above is highly desired.
- Experience from development programme management is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the range of Thai government departments and regulators responsible for macroeconomic, trade and sectorspecific economic policy in Thailand is important – given the need to provide strategic advice on Norway’s engagement in these policy areas.
- The ability to draft short reports in English well and quickly, as well as to conduct more in-depth research is critical.
- The ability and confidence to proactively develop a network of economic and developmental contacts, is essential.
- Experience in facilitating visits and organising events, e.g. seminars is highly desirable.
- Representation of the Embassy at varying events also in evenings/night must be expected as part of the job.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel packages is vital.
- Given the varied nature of the role, strong organisational and time management skills are also important.
- The successful candidate will also be a good team worker, and engage in and contribute to the wider activities of the Embassy.
We offer a competitive package, which includes salary, good holiday entitlement and insurance plan, multi-cultural environment, training and development opportunities etc. The successful candidate will be employed under locally employed staff conditions within the Norway Embassy. Salary range is THB 715,000 – THB 949,000 yearly depending on qualifications. The position is a 60% position, but can be considered as a 100% position at a later stage.
How to apply
Deadline for applying is 15 February 2017.
The Norwegian Embassy is an equal opportunity employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Both female and male candidates are also equally encouraged to apply. Each application will be considered carefully. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
If you are interested and meet the above-stated criteria, please send your CV together with a Cover Letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this position (please clearly mark the Position Title under the "subject" title of your email or fax), to:
The Royal Norwegian Embassy
561 UBC II Building, 18th Floor
Sukhumvit Rd., Soi 33
E-mail: mailto:[email protected](preferred)