European Association for Business and Commerce (EABC) is the leading voice for European business in Thailand. Advocacy is EABC’s core business. Join a small well-educated, dynamic team to be the catalyst for EABCs advocacy development and management. EABC has twelve Working Groups covering industry sectors and other areas of focus, which are the focal point of advocacy. Essentially this role is to support the Working Groups’ effective functioning and EABCs advocacy efforts overall.
The EABC Policy manager will have or will develop skills in supporting EABC’s advocacy activities and efforts, which include:
- Through engagement via Working Group, determining optimal outcomes and positions on key points of policy, regulation and law and strive to build consensus in the foreign business community on these points.
- Arranging small or medium sized group dialogues with government agencies by direct contact with support, mid-level and other staffs in government agencies, or private sector organisations.
- Support in the preparation and presentation of written submissions and the EABC European Position Paper.
- Arranging group meetings with government agencies and industry organisations.
- Arranging talks, speaking slots, seminars, conferences or participating in them.
- Supporting the bi-annual EABC Advisory Council.
- On occasion, assisting with set up of regular Working Group meetings.
Skills and qualifications:
The successful candidate will have some understanding of the workings of government, of key economic and trade and investment concepts. He or she will be able to work in teams with others, but will be a self-starter with a good sense of personal responsibility. Preferred are at a minimum, a Bachelors’ degree in economics, arts, business administration or other area with relevant skills and Work experience in policy advocacy, government, or product or service development and management or representation, or other similar area showing transferable skills to this role.
Language: Proficiency in spoken and written both Thai and English
Gender preference: None
Interaction: Reports directly to EABC Executive Director; works with industry leaders who are Working Group chairs and board members.
How to apply
Deadline for applying is 30 June 2019.
If you are interested and meet the above-stated criteria, please send your your resume to the Executive Director, EABC and explaining how you can bring your individual skills to EABC. Please also note that applicants without a CV will not be considered. A suitable and attractive compensation package will be discussed at interview.
European Association for Business and Commerce (EABC)
208 Wireless Road Building
14th Floor, Wireless Road
Тelephone: +66 2252 8751-2 ext. 109
Fax: +66 2252 8753
E-mail: mailto:[email protected]