The trade figures for June 2021 were released by SSB on 12 July. We took a look at the trade between Norway and Thailand.
We have listed the main commodities in the trade flow
- Seafood exports from Norway are up 18% as compared to same period in 2020
- Fertiliser exports from Norway are up 75% as compared to same period in 2021
- Exports of metal structures, i.e. oil rigs from Thailand are up 5,155% as compared to same period in 2021. The figures look strange since this is a one-time periodical export of Aibel’s P2 module which took place in May 2021
Export from Norway for Jan-Jun21 is split like this:
- Seafood 46% NOK 801 million
- Fertilisers 25% NOK 438 million
- Other goods 29% NOK 504 million
- Total export NOK 1,743 million
- Total import NOK 4,950 million including metal structures of NOK 3,235 million in May 2021
Apart from what has been mentioned above, there are are no significant changes in the composition beyond what has been seen during previous periods. We have also updated the currency exchange graphs of the Norwegian Krone currency exchange rate versus the Thai Baht and also the Baht against the US Dollar. Further details are available in the graphs available by clicking the blue button below.View Graphs
For other interesting articles from our members and chamber activities, please visit our website.
Photo: Innovation Norway/Yngve Ask