On 22 September 2020, H.E. Jurin Laksanawisit, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce, presided over the grand opening ceremony of ThaiFex-Anuga Asia 2020, one of the biggest international trade fairs in Thailand. The trade show takes place at Impact, Muang Thong Thani. The Minister and the followers along with H.E. Ambassador Kjersti Rødsmoen visited the Norwegian Seafood booth organised by the Norwegian Seafood Council (NSC), one of our Premium Members. The booth showcases Norwegian seafood products and offers vast business sourcing opportunities as global demand for seafood continues to stream towards Thailand and Asia.
Despite the fact that the Norwegian exporters were not able to travel to Thailand this year, the Norwegian seafood industry has been able to participate in several of the events through an online channel directly to Norway developed for the booth. Thus live video conferences between Norwegian exporters and potential Thai importers have been possible at the stand.
The event acts as a gateway of choice allowing participants to introduce new products, network with international partners, and build valuable relationships aiming to facilitate improved knowledge-sharing and provide new business opportunities for the F&B industry professionals.
According to the picture above shows from left to right, we could identify as follow:
- Dr Sansern Samalapa (Vice Minister for Commerce)
- Mr Weerasak Wangsuphakijkosol (Deputy Minister of Commerce)
- Mr Asbjørn Warvik Rørtveit (Director of South-East Asia, Norwegian Seafood Council)
- H.E. Mr. Jurin Laksanawisit (Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce)
- H.E. Mrs. Kjersti Rødsmoen (Ambassador of Norway to Thailand)
- Mr Somdet Susomboon (Director General, Department of International Trade Promotion)
- Mrs Auramon Supthaweethum (Director General, Department of Trade Negotiations)
Moreover, refer to the picture below, we could identify them at the back from left to right as.
- Ms Vibeke Lyssand Leirvåg (Vice Chair, Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce)
- Mr Kalin Sarasin (Chairman, Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade)
- Mr. Mathias Kuepper (Managing Director, Koelnmesse Pte Ltd)
- Mr Axel Blom (President, Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce)
If you are interested in visiting the fair and Norwegian Seafood Council’s booth in person, the fair is open from 22 until 26 September 2020 and the Norwegian Seafood both is located at Impact Exhibition & Convention Center, Challenger Hall 2, Entrance 3., Seafood section, booth number S29.
For other interesting articles from our members and chamber activities, please visit our website.