This news article was published by Wissen & Co Limited in regards to Thailand’s announcement of Covid-19 disease control.
On Friday, 9 July 2021, the CCSA (Center for Covid19 Situation Administration) approved a proposal to increase Covid 19 disease control measurements for the Bangkok Metropolis area and its vicinity i.e. Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Phatum Thani, Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon, and four southern provinces, i.e. Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla as follows:
- Travel of people shall be limited from pepole’s home and across provincial borders for at least two weeks by requesting Work From Home for most people, except for those employed in public service and those who work related to infrastructure. The request for cooperation is made to people not to travel unnecessary except for acquiring food and consumption, for hospital visits and for vaccine injections. Reduce gathering activity for both government and private sector, for instance do not hold seminars, meetings, examinations or enter into educational places.
- Curfew from 21.00 hrs. to 04.00 hrs., except for people with specific permission.
- Closure of places exposing risk of spreading disease, such as massage palours, spas and beauty clinics. Convenient stores should be closed from 20.00 hrs. to 04.00 hrs.. Department Store can open to sell food, e.g. supermarkets, restaurants, shops selling communication devices, drug stores and pharmacies which can be opened up to 20.00 hrs.
- No consumption in restaurant and no sale of alcohol. Restaurants can remain open up to 20.00 hrs.
- Public transport shall be closed from 21.00 hrs. to 03.00 hrs.
- Public parks are closed at 20.00 hrs.
- No social gatherings of more than five persons, unless for performing of duty, operating business, religious activities or traditional activities.
- Adjust the plan of vaccination upcountry by speeding up vaccinations to the groups of elderly and those with chronic diseases in the Bangkok metropolitan area.
The rules are effective from Monday, 12 July 2021 for 14 days but the checking point will be set from Saturday, 10 July 2021.
This above is based on the report of CCSA though the media. The official announcement is now in process to be published in Royal Gazette.