Here’s everything you need to know about Product Information Management (PIM).
What is Product Information Management (PIM)?
PIM offered by Bluestone PIM, a premium member of the Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, is software designed to centralise, manage, enrich, and distribute your product content in the most efficient way possible. Besides, it involves managing, processing, enriching, and publishing product information to external channels. These complex processes call for PIM software that will enable teams to work with product information easily and efficiently.
How to use PIM?
A PIM platform can be used to support the sales and marketing efforts of B2B and B2C sales companies alike. Its core capabilities can include workflow, business process, hierarchy management, loading, syncing, modelling, and cleansing data, information stewardship, distribution, and DAM. On top of that, it supports marketing, eCommerce, and data admin teams in performing these actions. Taking it a step further, a PIM can also enable direct data manipulation directly from other applications via APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
While there are still companies that deploy PIM as onsite software, cloud-native options exist that align better with modern needs and fit modern commerce stacks. They offer virtually unlimited interoperability, superior performance, and broad connectivity. In addition, these applications can also be made available in managed SaaS subscriptions that are low maintenance and allow businesses to pay only for what they use in a monthly subscription.
Why is PIM important?
PIM platform helps to manage tons of information, including product descriptions, media files, technical product cards, and product attributes, in a smart way. Moreover, it coordinates the process of sending the right information to different sales channels, such as:
- Online marketplaces
- Printed catalogues
- E-commerce platforms
A quality PIM solution empowers multi-channel retailers to create excellent product and customer experiences. Hence, this approach results in omnichannel consistency, happier customers, increased traffic, and higher rates of conversion, leading to better sales.
Who needs PIM software?
- E-commerce Teams: to provide customers with better product experiences, strengthen the brand’s position and earn consumer trust
- Sales & Marketing Teams: to build consistent and complete product stories and sell products across marketplaces and digital channels
- Product & Category Managers: who understand the close relationship between rich, complete product content and better sales
- IT Solution Architects: who understand that SaaS brings new possibilities for e-commerce businesses, not available with legacy IT
What can you do with PIM?
- Centralise: Forget about constant spreadsheets battles and searching for the missing information in ERP. Bring product data together to establish a single source of truth for the entire organisation.
- Enrich: Create a great product message and deliver a consistent product experience in the omnichannel. Enrich product descriptions with relevant attributes, media, relations, and translated content.
- Syndicate: Make your product information accessible for any digital sales channel. Display accurate and up-to-date content everywhere you want. Prevent errors before adding, removing, or modifying anything.
- Collaborate: Harness your colleague’s expertise, knowledge, and collective effort in one place. Avoid duplicate effort, keep track of work progress and reply to tasks without the need to send emails.
When to implement PIM?
- You have a large number of SKUs.
- You’re selling products on many digital channels.
- You’re going towards omnichannel sales.
- You want to improve the customer experience.
- You want to start selling your products in new markets.
What makes a perfect PIM?
- Multi-tenant SaaS that grows in line with your needs
- Easy integration with external systems and sales channels
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Powerful Digital Assets Management (DAM)
- Control over the roles, permissions, and tasks
- Marketplace with apps to enrich your PIM experience
- Multi-language support
- Online training and instant support at your disposal
- Flexible pricing model adapted to your needs
- No hidden costs
Things you didn’t know your PIM could do
For more details, please click here.
For other interesting articles from our members and chamber activities, please visit our website.